Translate

18/04/2015

Is Pride Really a Sin?

Hi everyone!
Happy weekend! I hope you've all had a lovely week and are enjoying the British sunshine as much as I am, unless you're not in England, then I hope the weathers good where you are!

I had a music exam/recital on Wednesday, which went really well and I was very proud of myself, and others were proud of me etc. And then I got thinking (I do this a lot, I dont know why its not good for me) and thought, 'Why is Pride a sin?'

To me, Pride is one of the best feelings you can have within yourself, whether it be a good exam, or even just making it through the day. Being proud of yourself shouldnt be something that is damned. You shouldnt be told that you cannot be proud of yourself because a religion says 'Pride is a sin.'

I researched this a little and found that the meaning behind pride being a sin is people with a big ego. And I completely understand why its a sin, but the ordinary, 'I'm proud of myself for getting out of bed on such a hard day,' or 'I'm proud that exam went well,' or even 'I'm proud for making it through another day.' Thats not a sin.

I just feel that pride is something we need to feel to become more confident and courageous people, people who believe in themselves and have the right attitude towards life.

Today, I'm proud of myself because;
1. I finished a history essay.
2. I did well in my recital.
3. I made it through another day.

What are you proud of yourself for? Just have a think, and let me know in the comments!

All my love, Em x
P.S. There wont be any mid week posts next week, you are getting the low down on Berlin in four posts over the weekend so look out for that. I'll be back to normal the week after with a Saturday blog post:)

TBC
Photography Blog
YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment